Sisters of Saint Joseph must go to the edges and hear the voices that are muted by domination and power-filled motivations, and create welcome spaces for new and different voices to enter the melody.
From the time of Mary MacKillop, Josephites have always responded to the particular needs of women and families. Sisters work in the areas of social work, therapies, counselling and facilitating support programs.
Sisters sometimes work in other organisations or in Congregational ministries some of which include:
- St Anthony’s Family Care, Croydon Sydney
- Mary MacKillop Education Centre, Aotearoa New Zealand
- Josephite Counter-Trafficking Project
- House of Bethany – Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
- MacKwood Life, Brisbane
- Ain Karim Community
- Joseph’s Corner, Melbourne
- Community and Family Support Work – Timor Leste
- MacKillop Gate Ministry
Page last updated June 2016