- New South Wales
Ashes to Easter: Series of Lenten-Easter Concerts performed by Peter Kearney
A prayerful sequence of stories and reflections, songs and hymns, including traditional carols, songs by Sydney Carter (composer of ‘Lord of the Dance’) and Peter’s original compositions. The presentation unfolds without applause except at conclusion. (Easter People-Signs of Hope, a different program, is happening only in Maroubra Bay-Beach Parish, which hosted ‘Ashes to Easter’ last year’).
- Sadlier-Miller: St. Therese’s Church
Date: Sunday 25th February, 2018
- Maroubra Bay-Beach: St. Mary and St. Joseph’s Parish Hall**
Date: Saturday 3rd March, 2018
- Bossley Park: Mary Immaculate School Hall
Date: Saturday 10th March 2018
Time: 7.30pm (after 6.00pm Vigil Mass)
- Parramatta: The Chapel, St. Patrick’s Cathedral**
Date: Sunday 18th March, 2018
- Balmain: St. Augustine’s Church
Date: Wednesday 21st March 2018
- Plumpton: Good Shepherd Church
Date: Thursday 22nd March 2018
- Chatswood: Our Lady of Dolours Church**
Date: Saturday March 24th
- The Rocks – Sydney: The Crypt – St. Patrick’s Church**
Date: Palm Sunday 25th March, 2018
Admission: varies from ‘by donation’ to $10 at door.
Registration: Concerts in the venues marked with ** will not proceed unless at least 20 people register in advance. Advance registration essential for these venues. To register – email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying 1. concert location and 2. number of seats needed. Peter will acknowledge registration and in the week before the event will confirm whether or not it is happening. Advance registration would be appreciated for other events too.
For full details of the concerts: