At JJAMM we undertake an activity to get the school leaders to drill down and try to get to the heart of who we are, what we stand for and how we are connected as a Josephite community.
It’s an effective activity to lead into future activities that ask the students to name what Mary MacKillop would be working to change if she were alive today.
After spending time in the museum at Mary MacKillop Place and studying how their works and actions in their schools mirror the work of Mary MacKillop, this is what the leaders came up with for 2018.
Read on and see if you agree…
What connects us?
- Our strong sense of community connects our students
- We are connected through the teachings and guidance
- Community spirit
- Social justice
- Sense of belonging
- We strive as a community to accept all diverse cultures through actively living out our faith
What is uniquely Josephite?
- Our school spirit exhibited in our sense of community allows us to effectively interact with the wider community to turn compassion into action
- Care for each other the way Joseph cared for Jesus
- Getting the job done
- Social justice
- Doing as much as you can with what you have
- Living out the legacy of Mary MacKillop by following in her footsteps and continuing her story through action
- Willingness to serve
- Looking out for others
What do we stand for?
- Promoting a sense of community pride and belonging through our house systems which promote the values and spirit of MM
- Belonging and accepting
- Developing a bond between student and the wider community
- To be an inspiration to others
- Aim high
- Work hard for justice and peace
- Speaking with those without voices
What describes us?
- Action driven
Josephite Justice Office