“After two years of disruption due to COVID, we look forward to welcoming pilgrims and supporters to Mary MacKillop Place in North Sydney,” says Sr Monica Cavanagh, Congregational Leader of the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
“Mary MacKillop Place is a site unlike any other because Mary lived, died and is buried here.”
Visitors will have the opportunity to visit the Mary MacKillop Memorial Chapel, attend Mass, pray at St Mary’s tomb, and visit the Mary MacKillop Museum. Mary MacKillop memorabilia, ethica Peruvian products, and light refreshments will be on sale.
Feast Day details are:
- When: Monday, 8 August 2022
- Where: Mary MacKillop Place
- Pedestrian and Wheelchair access: 80 William Street, North Sydney
- Wheelchair access: Via the Museum Gates, 7 Mount Street, North Sydney
- Mass times: 8:00am, 10:00am and 1:00pm
- Chapel opening time: 9:00am to 3:30pm (The Chapel will be open for private prayer and visits to Mary MacKillop’s tomb)
- Museum opening time: 9:00am to 3:30pm (On Feast Day, Mary MacKillop Place offers free admission to the Museum so that pilgrims may explore the story of Mary MacKillop and the foundation of the Sisters of Saint Joseph)
- Gift Shop & Café opening time: 9:00am to 3:30pm
After much planning and preparation on site, and hard work by Sisters, staff and volunteers, we look forward to welcoming you.