We are proud to launch online the Josephite Earth Sustainability Charter.
Context of the Josephite Earth Sustainability Charter:
- Recognition that all members of the human community are invited to live in increasingly sustainable ways;
- As members of a religious community we are called to forms of sustainability which link with our faith tradition;
- Pope Francis’s 2015 encyclical, Laudato Si, situates our faith response and lived reality as being inseparable and integral;
- With the encouragement of the CLT, the Congregational Eco-Spirituaity Team has thus developed the Charter as a resource which connects Josephite Charism and sustainability in ways which reflect the integral ecology framework of Laudato Si;
- Our Josephite document, based on the Laudato Si framework, was developed through a consultative process within the Congregational EcoSpirituality Team from July 2018 to April 2019.
The resultant Josephite Earth Sustainability Charter is a living document and a further step in encouraging all within the Josephite community toward increasingly sustainable practices.