About the Sisters
Our Foundress Mary MacKillop
Julian Tenison Woods
Donate to our Work
March 19, 2017
As the Sesquicentenary year draws to a close, below follows a link to just a few of the memorable moments and quotes from throughout the year…
A hundred and fifty years ago on 19 March 1866, the Congregation of the Sisters of St Joseph, founded by Saint Mary MacKillop and Father Julian Tenison Woods, came into existence and its first members became involved in ministry in Penola.
Since that time, the members of the Congregation and their supporters have been involved in various ministries where they have focussed especially on the less fortunate in society...